Thursday, May 19, 2011

Letter to Students


Dear future students and past graduates,

As you know through the years I have been an adventurous instructor in the classroom at a desperate attempt to infuse my knowledge into your brains, at times I know you have heard me saying “blah, blah, blah”, pretty boring, huh? I have been an actress, cheerleader, dancer, and dreamer with you and for you. I have always known that our school has struggled to afford current tools of teaching, mainly technology; for those of you lucky enough to be subjected to my power points when the smart carts arrived, I would like you to know I have learned some new techniques through Roberts Wesleyan College, Informatics for Nurse Educators course which will stimulate your interest and engage you in learning through active participation.

I am now embarking on a new mission in instruction aimed to make all my future students not only great nurses that I would trust caring for my family but also nurses that are technologically competent in today’s nursing industry as the incorporation of technology has proven to reduce the amount of errors and increase patient outcomes.

What do you think? Do I have your attention now? Technological competence is a necessity for practice and we must embrace it together starting in the classroom. I will be embedding various technologies into my instruction in the classroom, lab, and clinical settings. It is not just I; you too will be learning and growing through the use of technology in all aspects of the program. Let the technology commence as I have found a niche to make you all you can be as well as a mean to facilitate learning and having fun at the same time. Please view this brief video with words of encouragement from fellow nursing students and see what you have to look forward to.




Doesn't this look like fun?


My challenge for all my past graduates and new students is to learn, grow, and share your knowledge from each other and with each other in practice as it will take a village to raise great, tech savvy nurses competent to practice in today’s healthcare systems.

iphone-apps-billion-tbi-resized-600.jpg

Love your nursing instructor,

Mrs. Tech Savvy Morrison

ghtm9.gif



1 comment:

  1. Bonnie,

    An inspiring and creative letter. I truly enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete